Describing a local church’s outreach program, I once heard it defined this way, “We have a sign out front that tells when our meetings are. They will come in if they want to.”
Meaning, in my opinion,
- We are keeping the Great Commission.
- We built a church.
- We pay the church bills.
- We hired a preacher to do all the meetings and represent our church.
- If the preacher is good enough, our attendance and membership will grow and everyone will be happy.
- If we don’t like the way our hired preacher is helping the church grow, we’ll fire him and get another one.
- Good luck, Pastor!!
- This is what we want:
- My Question: Is this what Jesus wants?
You may comment, if you’d like.